Personalize names, addresses, and much more in bulk email or documents. Any data stored in an Excel workbook can be used to personalize communications.
Note: These steps only cover what’s shown in this video. For detailed steps on how to do a mail merge, please see Mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet.
Use an Excel spreadsheet for mail merge contacts
- Open the Word document that you want to mail merge.
- Select Mailings > Select Recipients.
- Select Use an Existing List.
- Select the Excel spreadheet you want to use, and select Open.
- Select the worksheet that you want to use, and select OK.Each worksheet name ends with $.
- Select Edit Recipient List to view the data source, select the checkboxes for the people you want to send to, and select OK.
- Save your Word file, to save the connections you’ve made.